About Me

I'm Ashley I am 17. The first and most important part of my life is my nieces katie & laura-beth. Then the rest of my family and if you are close friends with my family you are family. My life has changed alot in this past year. since may 14th alot of things have changed in my life just read and you will see. God bless Ash

Thursday, May 13, 2010

May 14th cant we just skip that day!??! can we take it off the calender!

Well tomorrow it will be one year since Katie was diagnosed with NB. It hurts just like it was yesterday. That I was sitting in a rocker in the halls of floor nine dreading the answer I felt I already new but didn’t want to hear. The ride down the elevator and the walk to the parking garage is so clear as if im still stuck their. It was such a beautiful sunny day to get that kind of news. Katie has grown up so much since all this happened. I have grown up in some ways I think I have grown up more than others give me credit for. I am my own person I always have been but when this happened I found out that your true friends will be there with you till the end. I was best friends with Jeffrey when this all happened he supported me some but I was not his priority and he had lied to me. I was heartbroken by two circumstances all in the matter of one week. True friends are the ones who will hug you and txt you till you fall asleep tell you its ok…after you’ve cussed them out about something that doesn’t have anything to do with them you just needed to get it out. True friends don’t have a knife to stick in your back they have arms to hold you when others stick a knife in your back. True friends will drop everything when you show up at their door crying. True Friends get carpet burns from being on their knees praying for you when you need prayer. I have lots of true friends I have found out. I just wish I could have found out all this without this pain! Beverly is a true friend to me, Steven my now bf is a true friend to me, everyone currently still in my church is a true friend to me!!!!!! D-uh is a true friend to me! Dominick is a true friend to me! Kim has been a true friend to me! Tara is a true friend to me! Curtis has been a true friend to me!My mother and father are true friends to me! I’m sure im forgetting some of you but if I didn’t mention you and you are not mentioned about breaking my heart you have probably been a true friend to me!

Anyway God bless

Have a Great Day

Proud Auntie Ashley

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry that you have to go through this...I wish I could make it all go away for all of us...but we made it one year...we can look forward to making it another one. Even when Katie is feeling bad she always has a smile...she loves you very much and so do I. Try to do something fun tomorrow instead of thinking about the 1 year anniversary of when our world fell apart....Love ya sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. ill try love you to

    ReplyDelete